Current Job Openings
Job Title: Administrative Associate
Reports to: Executive Director; works closely with Senior Staff in respective area
Job Summary: The part-time Administrative Associate is responsible for delivering superior customer service to Wheeling Symphony Orchestra patrons, donors, subscribers, and supporters and completing duties and tasks efficiently and accurately.
Duties and Responsibilities: Box Office/Front Desk
- Assist and execute box office functions associated with WSO events and concerts.
- Provide assistance in resolving customer service ticketing issues.
- Assist with front desk duties, including generating memos, emails and reports.
- Maintain the daily mail log.
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory.
- Answer incoming calls, check email and voicemail daily, respond to questions and requests for information, and assume other receptionist duties.
- Work with the WSO team at all WSO concerts and events.
- Maintain professional level of appearance.
- Provide further assistance as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities: Development
- Assist with giving campaigns which includes processing donations, generating acknowledgement letters and other correspondence, and preparing appropriate documentation to process tax credits to donors.
- Follow procedures for receipt of contributions including daily deposits and documentation in donor files.
- Maintain and continually update donor database.
- Assist with fundraising and donor events and recognition activities including mailings, phone calls and online communication, guest lists and registration materials, ticketing, catering, dinner seating, and patron acknowledgements.
- Assist the Development Director with other aspects of the development program as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities: Board of Directors
- Prepare and email a calendar of full Board and Committee meetings, concerts, and events to all Board members, Life Directors, and prior to the first day of each month. Work with Committee chairs to schedule monthly meetings, reserve rooms for each meeting, email reminders to committee members monthly, and maintain a list of attendees responding for each meeting.
- Assist with clerical aspects of the biennial Board Auction.
- Assist the Board president as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:Music Director
- Reserve travel and accommodations for the music director when necessary.
- Prepare an itinerary for the music director for each concert, event, and meeting.
- Assist the music director as necessary.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service or front office role
- Must be highly ethical and discrete in order to respect, protect and maintain confidential/private information including organization’s documents and records
- Keen attention to detail, conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be a flexible and reliable team member, always acting in the best interest of the organization as a whole
- Proven ability to create and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives.
Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com
About the Symphony
The Wheeling Symphony serves “community residents by providing excellent orchestral programs that entertain, educate and enhance the quality of life.” The Wheeling Symphony’s 89th Season celebrates community with eclectic programming featuring classical intrigue, romance, excitement, and passion. Building on its rich musical heritage, the Wheeling Symphony welcomes five music director finalists, their visions, and musical experiences to the Wheeling area. The symphony wants its community to drive the orchestra and its new maestro into the symphony’s 90th Anniversary season.