Wheeling Symphony Society Auxiliary
The Wheeling Symphony Society Auxiliary is a volunteer organization committed to supporting the Wheeling Symphony Society, Inc. and the Wheeling Symphony Orchestra through financial, educational and promotional activities.
The purpose of the Wheeling Symphony Auxiliary is to:
- Cooperate with and support the Wheeling Symphony Society, Inc.
- Establish and encourage volunteers.
- Host various fundraisers for the benefit of the Wheeling Symphony Society, Inc.
- Promote music appreciation and participation in musically oriented activities and programs.
Meetings are held four times a year with annual dues for membership.
The Auxiliary 2019-2020 Meeting Schedule is as follows:
- Monday, November 18, 2019 – Mansion Dining Room, Wilson Lodge, Oglebay Park
- Monday, March 16, 2020 – TBA
- Monday, May 11, 2020 – TBA
The 2019-2020 Wheeling Symphony Auxiliary Executive Board:
- President — Kathleen McDermott
- President Elect — Shawn Turak
- Vice President Membership — Julie Blust
- Treasurer — Kelly Bettem
- Treasurer Elect — Danielle Futey
- Secretary — Cynthia Morrison
The Auxiliary provides volunteer support for the following projects:
- July 4th Concert
- Music Under The Stars (A Labor Day outdoor concert)
- Viennese Winter Ball and Patron Party
- Young People’s Concerts for area school children
- Wheeling Symphony Auction
In addition, the Auxiliary provides hosts for Symphony concerts, training the Student Volunteers, and much more.
For more information on the Wheeling Symphony Auxiliary and how to join this wonderful volunteer organization, please contact the Wheeling Symphony office at 304-232-6191. For a membership form, please click here.