Symphony Auxiliary Student Volunteer Program
The Wheeling Symphony Auxiliary has a volunteer program for students in grades 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Volunteering for the Symphony is a great way to help our community, gain good experience, meet new people, and enjoy wonderful music! Each volunteer is invited to stay for the concerts at no charge.
Volunteering for the Symphony will involve, but is not limited to, the following:
- Student Volunteers are asked to usher concerts. Ushering a concert means that you will be helping concert patrons before the concert begins by opening and holding doors, helping patrons find their seats and assisting the Wheeling Symphony office in various ways. Ushers are dismissed once the concert begins but are welcome and encouraged to stay and enjoy the concert.
- Student Volunteers are asked to help with the Patron Party and the Viennese Winter Ball in January/February.
- Student Volunteers are asked to help with the 4th of July concert.
- Student Volunteers are asked to help in the Symphony office.
- Student Volunteers are asked to help with various Auxiliary events throughout the year.
To become a volunteer, students must attend the MANDATORY TRAINING SESSION. Due to Fire Code Regulations there will be no exceptions. Training covers various aspects including expectations and concert etiquette.
Training will be held on Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 6:00 pm at the Capitol Theatre.
Reservations to attend the training are required and must be made to the following:
Students must include the following information in their reservation:
Name (First and Last)
***Please note that students are required to have their own email address to participate in the volunteer program. We CANNOT accept family or parental email addresses.
Deadline for registration is September 11th.
We hope that you will join us for a wonderful year!
Committee Chairs for the Symphony Auxiliary Student Volunteer Program